» Ship & Cargo Handling
Course Title: BASIC TRAINING FOR OIL AND CHEMICAL TANKER CARGO OPERATION
|Duration:||5 Days (24 hours)|
COVERAGE / PROGRAM FOCUS:
The emphasis of instructions and training deals with the following: Knowledge, understanding and proficiency
- Introduction & Basic knowledge of tankers
- Physical and chemical properties of oil and chemicals
- Knowledge and understanding of tanker safety culture and safety management
- Basic knowledge of hazard controls
- Fire Safety and Fire fighting operations
- Cargo operations
- Pollution Prevention
Combination of classroom lecture-presentation and discussion reinforced with training video and tanker simulator.
A certificate of course completion shall be issued to those who shall satisfactorily fulfill the course requirements. Certificate of Proficiency is issued by the Department of Shipping on completion of an oral test.