» Safety Courses
Course Title: MARINE ENVIRONMENT PROTECTION (MEPC) COURSE
COVERAGE / PROGRAM FOCUS:
The course deals with the following subject areas:
- Introduction/MARPOL regulations
- MARPOL regulations and its violations in the US- consequences/case study
- Sludge management, incinerator operation
- Oil record book, OWS operation, sewage treatment
- Garbage management
- Air pollution prevention Annex VI
- The control and management of ballast water and sediments
- The control and management of ballast and sediments and assessment of course
Combination of classroom lecture-presentation and discussion reinforced with case studies.
A Certificate of Completion is given to each candidate who satisfactorily fulfills the Course.