» Ship & Cargo Handling
Course Title: LIQUID CARGO HANDLING SIMULATOR
COURSE AIMS & OBJECTIVES:
The aim of this course is to ensure that mariners are trained and prepared to respond safely and efficiently for controlling the cargo handling and other operations on Oil and Chemical Tanker in compliance with the requirements of STCW-95,MARPOL 73/78, Oil Tanker Cargo and Ballast Handling Simulator(IMO MODEL COURSE 2.06) and other international conventions.
COVERAGE / PROGRAM FOCUS:
- Familiarization with the tanker arrangement, its equipments and systems
- Training in the control of systems and machinery
- Understanding of the parameter monitoring system
- Understanding of the alarm and logging system
- Training in the correct performance of cargo handling operations in the standard and emergency situation
- A greater awareness of the need for proper pre-planning, the use of c checklists and the time scales involved in the various cargo handling operation
- An enhanced awareness to apply proper and safe procedures at all times when carrying out the various operation on board a oil and chemical tanker
- An acquisition of experience in identifying operational problems and solving them
- An improvement in the ability to make decisions which promote safety and protect the environment
Combination of classroom lecture-presentation and training instruction reinforced with the use of simulator. All exercises are conducted using the Ship Analytic Liquid Cargo Handling Simulator.
ENTRY REQUIREMENT / TARGET GROUP:
This course is principally intended for all officers of operation level with preferably minimum of six months of seagoing experience on Chemical/Oil Tanker and management level, and other persons with responsible duties in Cargo Handling on Oil/Chemical Tanker.
A certificate of course completion shall be issued to those who shall satisfactorily fulfil the course requirements. Certificate of Proficiency is issued by the Department of Shipping on completion of an oral test.