» Medical Courses
Course Title: ELEMENTARY FIRST AID
|Duration:||3 Days (15 hours)|
COVERAGE / PROGRAM FOCUS:
- General Principles
- Required performance 1
- Body Structure and Functions 2
- Position Casualty, Control Bleeding and Resuscitation 1.5
- The Unconscious Casualty 1
- Resuscitation 2
- Bleeding 1.5
- Management of Shock 1
- Burns, Scalds, Electric Shock and Effect of Heat and Cold 1
- Examination of Patients and Own safety
- Burns, Scalds, Electric Shock and Effect of Heat and Cold
- Rescue and Transportation of Casualty
- Other Topics
- Bandaging, enclosed spaces, infectious diseases
- Personal health and hygiene
- Video film show, Assessment
Combination of classroom lecture-presentation and discussion reinforced with case studies.
ENTRY REQUIREMENT / TARGET GROUP:
The course is mandatory for all to join ship.
A certificate of course completion shall be issued to those who shall satisfactorily fulfill the course requirements. Certificate of Proficiency is issued by the Department of Shipping on completion of an oral test.