» Ship & Cargo Handling
Course Title: ADVANCED TRAINING FOR CHEMICAL TANKER CARGO OPERATIONS
ACCREDITED BY: DEPARTMENT OF SHIPPING, BANGLADESH
This course provides training for Masters, chief engineer officers, chief mates, second engineer officers and any person with immediate responsibility for loading, unloading care in transit, handling of cargo, tank cleaning or other cargo related operations on chemical tankers. The course takes full account of Section A-V/1-1-3 of the STCW Code.
COURSE AIMS & OBJECTIVES:
Those successfully completing this course should be able to safely perform their duties for loading, unloading and care in transit or handling of cargo on oil tankers; and make a safer and more effective contribution to the operation and control of the cargo on oil tanker, which will improve the ship safety and provide greater protection to the environment.
COVERAGE / PROGRAM FOCUS:
- Pump theory and characteristics, including types of cargo pumps and their safe operation
- Monitoring and safety systems, including the emergency shutdown
- Effect of bulk liquid cargoes on trim, stability and structural integrity
- Development and application of cargo-related operation plans, procedures and checklists
- Manage and supervise personnel with cargo-related responsibilities
- Hazards and control measures associated with chemical tanker cargo operations
- Chemical tanker emergency procedures
- Medical first aid procedures / MFAG
- MARPOL and other relevant IMO instruments, industry guidelines and port regulations
Combination of classroom lecture-presentation and discussion reinforced with training video and tanker simulator.
ENTRY REQUIREMENT / TARGET GROUP:
Entry to this course is open to those who have completed “Basic Training for Oil and Chemical Tanker Cargo Operations”; and have completed at least 3 months approved seagoing service on chemical tanker (Reg. V/1-1, Para. 6 of STCW 2010).
A certificate of course completion shall be issued to those who shall satisfactorily fulfill the course requirements. Certificate of Proficiency is issued by the Department of Shipping on completion of an oral test.